Happy Friday Y’all! I am tickled pink the weekend is here and I can finally enjoy an escape from the work week chaos.
As promised Wednesday, I am sharing the plates from our Restaurant Week double date at Bistro 7 in Old City. While it was amazing to see my closest friend from High School and catch up with him and his girlfriend, the food didn’t necessarily thrill me. The plates were good and the service was decent but there was no WOW factor…
I guess I am a picky palate and had a long day but I just didn’t find anything all that impressive..good but not great!
We all started with different apps: Beet Salad, Field Green Salad, Duck Liver Mousse, & Gnocchi which were all pretty tasty!
And then I had the salmon with lentils and the rest of the table had the braised brisket with horseradish mashed potatoes. We all agreed the entrees left a lot to be desired – the fish a bit overcooked and the beef a bit dry.
The dessert did redeem the meal a bit, since I am a sucker for anything with chocolate or coconut, BUT they were by no means the best coconut rice pudding or chocolate pot de creme I’ve had in recent memory.
Like I said, the company was incredible and it was great to get out, so all and all it was a win! I am super excited to share a low key weekend with my love and I hope each and every one of you have a spectacular weekend!
‘Til next time, keep smiling! 🙂
Happy Friday Folks!
We’ve made it to the weekend folks – time to celebrate! Instead of Foodie Friday this week, I am posting the Bulu Review I promised the other day – wedding venue hunting & budget crunching took priority…whoops!
But in honor of Foodie Friday, I wanted to quickly plug the MOST AMAZING Vietnamese restaurant, Stock. A must check out for the BEST Pho in Philadelphia! I went last night to taste what all the fuss was about at Tyler Akin’s (former Zahav sous chef) intimate byob & can say without hesitation I have never had a better bowl of Pho nor plate of Vietnamese food!
Now, back to bulu…this past box was chock full of awesomeness that I can’t wait to purchase, so lets dive right in!
- Bulumu Granola Go Packs: SO DELICIOUS! I love grab and go stuff & when its all natural, you just can’t beat it!
- Shapology Garcinia Cambogia: Love the brand, not a fan of the product – I just don’t want to take an appetite suppressant ( I feel like its tricking your body)
- Pure Absorb Iron: There are a lot of new liquid iron supplements out there & I am still on the fence about them but this one tasted like metal..not a fan!
- KickButt Amped Energy Ballz: Totally not my cup of tea (considering the caffeine) but they tasted good & definitely did the trick (used them when I was packing)
- Power Pak Protein Pudding: Love it! By far the most exciting product next to the granola – I threw some chia seeds in here and it was MIGHTY YUMMY!
This weekend will be my first post engagement wedding so I can’t wait to get inspired!
Enjoy your weekends friends!