Hey There Friends!
Are we all making it over the hump? This week started busy and will end just the same…story of life I guess, right?!? Anyway, since today is the last Wednesday in March this will be the last installment of my sleep series. Since I have covered most of the basics, I thought I would hit one more – the morning routine – waking up in the healthiest way to start your day. We’re all guilty of hitting the snooze button a few too many times in a desperate attempt to get more sleep, only to end up rushing out the door and jolting your body into a panicked start to the day – no bueno! Below are the five things, no matter what, I do every morning to ensure I have a healthy, happy start to the day.
- No Snooze – set your alarm for when your realistically need to get up, and get up. Place your phone or alarm clock far enough away from your bed that you have to physically get up to shut it off.
- Drink a tall glass of warm or room temperature water. If you’re a tea or coffee drinker this is the perfect time to start the kettle, french press, pot, whatever…
- Clean Routine – whether you like to shower in the morning or not, take time to thoroughly wash your face, neck & check, brush your teeth & hair, as a signal to your body that its time to refresh & restart.
- Make your bed and tidy up – I guess this one is a bit of a personal thing but its amazing how much better it feels to come home to a clean and tidy home (or at least bedroom/bathroom).
- Keep things quiet & screen free for 30 minutes if possible. With the exception of shutting off your alarm, try to avoid the TV, iPad, computer, and cell phone while you’re getting your day started – the world can wait another 30 minutes.
I hope these and the last few weeks of tips can help you maximize your energy throughout your day & keep you feeling happy/healthy!
’til next time, keep smiling! 🙂