Happy Monday Friends!
I’m in shock we’re 15 weeks into this year and one week out from the completion of our 2016 motivation challenge. I feel strongly that if you’re trying to make a serious lifestyle change, it takes about 16 weeks for it to become part of your routine…the proof is in the pudding, as they say, because not only do Phil & I make healthier choices but our bodies crave healthier behaviors. As mentioned before, we’re keeping things going even after next week and kicking it up with a leaner diet & lots of greens powder to boost our vitamin & mineral intake. The body is an incredible machine and I really enjoy playing around with my diet/exercise to see what happens.I’ve found a new pool of inspiration and a resignation of my passion after this weekend’s event. Teaching for Zenrez & Moxie Yoga Fitness @ Sunday Streets SF on Valencia St. this past Sunday was one of the cooler things I have gotten to do in my yoga career to date. While the set up did present some challenges, it was so much fun so see the reactions from the neighborhood & have people walking by pop off their shoes and join in the flow – my cup isn’t full, it’s overflowing! The weather may not be perfect this week but the April home is full of sunshine! We’re in week 15 and riding on the wave of this weekend’s yoga high & there is nothing that can stand in our way!
“Stop saying I wish & start saying I will”
- Phil: 55min cardio/weight lifting 3x/wk, 55min yoga 2x/wk
- Colleen: 55min cycling 3x/wk, 55min yoga 6x/wk
- Both: 20min morning/evening stretching & 30min myofasical release 7x/wk
- Breakfast –Greek Yogurt w/berries & granola or Sprouted Bagel w/ghee & OJ
- Lunch – Tofu Stir Fry w/veggies & rice or Vegetarian Chili
- Dinner – Quinoa Casserole or Tilapia Curry Soup
- Snacks – Hummus w/veggies or Apple w/peanut butter
’til next time, keep smiling! 🙂