Happy Hump Day Friends!
I am over the moon and so excited for today you have no idea! In a few hours I will be giving my first corporate wellness presentation here in San Francisco. I have been prepping like a mad woman while balancing the family visit and thought it would be fun to share some of the tips I plan to talk about today.Since the target audience is modern business professionals I’ve included 10 tips to energize your day without an energy drink or excessive coffee consumption.
- Energize your Day
- Try a mid-day work out to keep energy up and avoid that 3pm slump
- Have some chocolate! Dark chocolate has caffeine but also cognitive and mood boosting properties from Flavonoids
- Believe it or not your mom was right: some fresh air will do you some good, so try to get outside for 10-20 minutes.
- Sit up Straight! Slouching can cause fatigue whereas sitting straight helps comfortably support your frame with less effort (plus it gives you a little confidence boost which is nice)
- Leave your desk to eat as often as possible – including snacking if you can help it.
- the body needs to know its ‘fuel time’
- Opt for complex carbs that break down slowly and keep your blood sugar regulated
- always drink plenty of water too
- Try to listen to music at your desk or pump it through the speakers to boost mood, focus and energy
- Sipping on green tea in the afternoon after your lunch has been known to improve cognitive function, aid digestion, keep you fuller longer, and fuel your body with antioxidants and flavonoids.
- Chia seeds, especially when paired with water are proven to keep you full and fueled for the day
- Red is associated with confidence and winning…brighter colors can also keep you more alert and awake.
I hope you find ways to incorporate one, or some, of these tips to help keep you energized, the healthy way!
’til next time, keep smiling! 🙂