I whipped up Fish Po-Boys with sweet potato chips and a cilantro lime slaw that were out of this world…and I’m not ashamed to say so!
- 1/2lb cod
- 2 limes
- organic mayo
- olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- cabbage (purple and green)
- 2 carrots
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1/4 c cheese (cheddar, mozz, jack…)
- fresh bread
- salt, pepper, seasonings
Fish Marinade: 4 tbsp mayo, 2 tbsp white wine, 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil with salt, pepper, cayenne, & seasonings to taste.
- Marinate the fish for a few hours (or overnight) & pop in the oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Sweet Potato Chips: 2 sweet potatoes, 1 tbsp oil, seasonings
- Slice thin discs & toss in 1 tbsp oil w/salt, pepper, chili powder & cayenne. Lay flat on foil and bake at 350 for about 30min (flipping half way through & turning the oven up to 375 of the last 5 min) or until they begin to crisp.
Slaw: Shred 2 carrots, finely chop 1/4 sm. head of green & purple cabbage, 1/4 c chopped cilantro, 1/2 lime (juiced), a splash of white wine vinegar, & salt/pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together in a bowl & you’re good to go!
Spicy Cilantro/Lime Aioli: 1/4 c mayo, 1 lime (juiced & half zested) 1/4 c chopped cilantro, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, & salt, pepper, cayenne, chili power & seasonings to taste.
- Combine the mayo, oil, & lime juice until uniform and thick, then fold in cilantro, minced garlic & seasonings.
For me, what makes it great is shredding some cheese over the bread and tossing it in the oven for the last 5 minutes so the cheese melts into the bread & the ends get all toasty. Now I must warn you, these po-boys are not for the faint of heart, hahaha – its gonna get messy!
Once everything is all hot and toasted and delicious, lather on your aioli, pile on some slaw & top it all off with the deliciously flakey cod for a dinner that’s sure to delight! Oh, and don’t forget to add some of those spicy sweet potato chips for good measure!
‘Til next time, keep smiling! 🙂