We’ve made it to the weekend friends – time to celebrate! Even though I have to work Saturday & Sunday my weekend is still jam packed with food, frivolity and fun! Phil and I are planning an early evening @ Garces Trading Co. so we can enjoy a walk along the river tonight & tomorrow we’re meeting my siblings at South Street Spring Festival! The excitement doesn’t stop there because Sunday is the annual Broad St. Run & Phil is participating for the first time – I’m so proud of my man!!! With all this excitement I think we’ll need a sweet treat to celebrate…and I’ve got just the thing!
Cacao Mousse Parfait
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 scoop protein (chocolate or unflavored)
- 2-3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp agave (or honey)
- fresh berries
- 2-4 tbsp sliced raw almonds
- 2-4 tbsp shaved unsweetened coconut
In a food processor, blend avocado and banana until smooth. Add protein, cacao & agave and continue to blend for 3-5 minutes until all ingredients are whipped (stopping periodically to scrape the sides). Place mousse in refrigerator to chill until ready to serve – layer fruit, mousse, almonds & coconut into dish & serve chilled!
This delightful bite is packed with good fats and is great after a long run, bike ride or active weekend since its full of potassium, calcium, and other nutrients that aid in muscle recovery and re-hydration….enjoy!
- Breakfast: Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Snack: Greek Yogurt & Strawberries
- Lunch: Ciopinno w/Multigrain Roll & Mixed Green Salad
- Snack: Almonds
- Dinner: Deliciousness from Garces Trading Co.
- Dessert: Cacao Chia Pudding w/Unsweetened Coconut