Happy Friday Folks! I am positively consumed with excitement for this weekend and can’t wait to share all the yummy details as soon as I get back. Speaking of yummy, remember these pancakes from my hump day breakfast date?!?!…as promised, today’s Foodie Friday Post is dedicated to these little pillows of heaven!
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs (one full one just whites)
- 1/2 c. gluten free oats
- 1/4 c. organic unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- coconut oil to grease pan
- 1/8 c sliced almonds
- 1/8 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. 0% fat greek yogurt
Pulse the oats in a food processor or blender until flour consistency then add banana. Once well combined add eggs (already beaten together in a separate bowl), apple sauce, protein, cinnamon & salt. Grease non-stick pan with a little coconut oil & using a measuring cup portion a 1/4 c. of batter onto the pan. Flip once you see small bubbles rising to the top and make sure its cooked all the way through before removing from the pan.
I put greek yogurt in the middle & on top, then sprinkled with almonds, cranberries and a generous drizzle of honey before serving…it was heavenly! The batch is the perfect amount for two people & totally worth indulging since its right around 300 cal, 9.5 g fat, 16 g protein, 40 g carb per serving!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
- Breakfast: Banana w/Honey & Peanut Butter
- Snack #1: Greek Yogurt w/Blueberries & Pumpkin Seeds
- Lunch: Brown Rice Sushi w/Seaweed Salad
- Snack #2: Edamame
- Dinner: Whatever I can find once we’re in NY 😉
- Dessert: Cacao Mousse Tart & Red Wine